Image hosted by Photobucket.com Saturday, September 10, 2005

he's chasing the sunset.

I could still remember how the shadows fell upon her cheeks as she softly bites her polished lips. Her hair surrendering to the breeze was the most amazing picture there was and there would be. Those eyelashes that seem to touch my bare nature seemed to be weakening me, making me fall into her tears. She could calm the waves by just waving her hands… The echoes of her voice caused my heart to thomp a bit faster… but more gently.

She was beautiful And she is still beautiful every time I think about her. Truly, that panorama of her was still the most lucid memory that I can hold on to.

We were standing side by side with each other that afternoon, listening to each others’ whispers and laughter while we gaze at the setting of the sun. Surely, that sunset was the best of all the sunsets that I’ve ever witnessed. The site of her as she reveals those tangerine rays embraced by pinkish cotton balls was suddenly not just a magic of time unfolding in front of me. It has then become the mystery of love disclosing on me. Slipping inside of me.

The moment lasted only for a couple of minutes but all those bits of emotion I had seem to last for like an eternity.

But she’s not with me now. I lost her. Maybe I had her then, maybe I had her before the sunset faded. But I lost her as I lost the beauty of the sunset.

I lost her and how I wish I could have her again.

I loved her and maybe she loved me, too. Maybe she loved me too before the sunset disappeared.

Now instead of running away and forgetting, I am running towards her. However, chasing her has always caused me to land on my knees. She never fails me and she never failed me even once. But chasing could somehow set my blood on fire. It makes a desperate runner like me hold on to some imaginary finish line. Hold on to whatever that’s left for me to hold on to.

So as long as the fire burns... I’ll be chasing the sunset instead.





6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

galing mo namang maglahad ng damdamin, lupet.

kapag kasama ko loves ko sa manila bay at nataon sunset... wow grabe ang feeling... very romatic.

9/10/2005 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jhun Billote said...

kinilabutan ako, sis...ganda ng piece mo.

9/10/2005 05:20:00 PM  
Blogger JS said...

Astig!
Thanks pala sa directions... i might visit the shop, one of these days!

9/10/2005 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh na emo ba ang mga pare ko?
waaahh...

9/11/2005 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

see, marami sila. told you.

i have a few questions, though.

nahh.. hindi ka pa ready...

Big Bro

9/11/2005 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

like what?

9/15/2005 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScript from
Rainbow Arch