Image hosted by Photobucket.com Saturday, October 01, 2005

on wedding bells. endless chase. infantile perversion and finish lines.

A female friend is getting married this Oct. 8. I wonder what came to her mind, perhaps she’s pregnant (a prejudice I’ve got to those women who marry at a very early age). Unfortunately, she gives me this terrible feeling I usually feel when a person of my age does something “extreme” (for me) like committing suicide, getting pregnant or much “worse” getting married. Yeah, she’s very much my age. She’s 18. Young. Hopeful. Ambitious. Promising. Beautiful. Then in just a few days, she’ll be entering a major transformation in her life. I just couldn’t imagine myself being in her shoes. Perhaps if I had been her, I’ll just runaway and become a nomad than marry this early. Anyway, I still do wish them all the best. Gawd help her.

I can see your smile. Yeah, he’s right you are pretty. With those eyes that reminds me of the past. You remind me of him. You remind me of “us” – the way we were - the unfinished but unforgettable “us”. I envy you so much I love you. Is this how the infantile perversion which Freud is talking about really feels? Well, it’s not so bad.

You see, I’m chasing that 12 o’clock ride. I am chasing the sunrise, the sunset. I’m chasing the day before it’s over and before it begins. I am always chasing things. Always chasing deadlines, always chasing finish lines. Always chasing people. Always chasing changes. Always chasing the past, the future, even the present. Always chasing myself. I just wonder if somebody does the same thing.

Hold on tight, stellar. I can finally see the finish line. Just hold on.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

getting married at 18?! --> sa panahon ngayon, the age of 18 is such a very, very young age to get married. plus, women have a lot of opportunities now. why take a back seat with all the wonders life has to offer? oh well, people make their own decisions. wish 'em luck!

chasing --> try to stop once in a while so you can enjoy the view. life is beautiful. :)

10/02/2005 03:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grabe.. she's too young to get married.. ako nga i'm 24 pero natatakot pa ako to get married.. pero nwei.. anong magagawa natin kung gusto na nyang magpakasal.. esp. if she's pregnant.. basta ba nasa likod lang tayo ng friend natin.. willing to help them pag naguluhan sya.. *wink

10/02/2005 05:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay. talaga ang bata pa niya.pero un nga, suportahan na lang siya. para san pang magkaibigan kami diba kung hindi ko siya maiintindihan at susuportahan?


well, pag-ibig nga naman.

and yes ms.pao, i'm learning to stop once in a while. i really do and i'm happy.

10/03/2005 04:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScript from
Rainbow Arch