Image hosted by Photobucket.com Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Being nice is nice.

(Erik, oo ito ang epekto ng comment mo sa recent post ko.)

Why can’t smart-talented-pretty-and-all people can’t be just that nice at the same time? Why do some people intentionally intimidate others just to gain some respect? Or why do they do it anyway?

I just don’t get it why things have to be this cruel and tough for all of us – especially me. Yeah, I am nice. A lot of people say I’m nice and I also do believe that it’s true. Actually, it’s weird ‘cause while everyone else is trying to be nice as often as possible I am here, trying my best not to be nice - always. But please don’t get me wrong. All I am saying is that I just have a nature to be . . . nice. But of course, I am also good on being nasty you know (Ask my super close friends and they’ll tell you about it. hehe.).

It’s just that I do not understand why some people are so good on being arrogant and being ass holes. Classmates, upper classmen, professors, janitors, vendors, and lots of other people seem to be always struggling to make themselves look tough and too-hot-to-handle. Some even pretend to be some other demi-god when mingling with other people just to sort of blend with them and at the same time intimidate others while some will just simply snob you or let you feel that they don’t like you at all by talking to you (and treating you) insolently (without any justifiable reason). These people seem to do everything they can just to make you feel that they are above you and that you are not liked by people like them. They could be also nice though, but only to those they want to be nice to and only if they want something from you. I just hate it. Unfortunately, I am surrounded – and I know I’ll be more surrounded in the future – by lots and lots of people like that. They are everywhere. They sometimes come thisclose to me and this far from me. They could be my enemies yet they could also become my friends (yung tipong ang tingin ko sa kanila friends tapos sila pala saken hindi). Who knows? And I tell you, there are lots of them in UP (Haaay pero kung sa bagay anywhere naman.).

Honestly, It hurts me so much to see (yes, I see it. I even sooo feel it.) how people like these who I treat sincerely as my friends treat me the other way around. I mean, I never chose who friends I will make. I’ve always loved people – in general. I do not just pick out those that I will care for or those that I will treat kindly that’s why knowing (and feeling) that I do not get the same from them really cuts deep. It’s not just the-being-sincere part but more on the-be-equally-nice-to-everybody part. Treat people like real people, like real humans – that simple. We do not just communicate with other humans just because we have to, just because we cannot possibly live alone but above all is because we have to touch other people’s lives and vice-versa. And obviously, we are not doing any touching thingy if we would just interact just for the superficial sake of surviving. But of course, it’s not just important to be nice to humans but to be nice to everybody, to everything that exists – including those that we doubt to exist – as well. Furthermore, I believe that arrogance has never been an effective way of making oneself superior to others. One wouldn’t also earn respect from it. Ever.

Besides, does being nice and humble a tough thing to do? If not, then why can’t some great-and-brilliant people do it?





3 Comments:

Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

exactly. you just said it best.

thank you. is this a tribute to me..? and a telling-off to the girl who just *sigh* broke my heart (notice na iniiba ko na ang context ng post mo *wink, wink).

anyways, thank you.

11/16/2005 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

ha?

ah basta sige
you are welcome.

11/18/2005 06:28:00 PM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

don't worry, mas maganda ka pa rin sa kaniya (high-5 tayo diyan..!).

at kung gaano siya kaganda sa labas, ganun kapangit ugali niya.

may pangalan siya. isang piraso nang utak..?

*wink.

11/20/2005 06:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScript from
Rainbow Arch