Image hosted by Photobucket.com Saturday, November 26, 2005

quite sunny

I had a great great day today. Image hosted by Photobucket.com First, I participated in the annual film workshop of UP Cinema Arts Society (UP CAST) this morning. It was actually supposed to be a whole day activity but I just went there for the morning session since I intended to do a lot of acad things this afternoon. Thank God I was able to pull off every part of my spirit to get off my bed this morning just to attend that (mind you, I again became abusive of myself last night. In short - puyat ako. puyat na puyat). Also, thank God for letting me forget to return Em's photocopied readings for Film 104 yesterday for if not, I don't think I would be able to find an immensely rational reason to go there at all (because the truth is, I wasn't really planning to attend it and I only made the effort so that I could return Em's readings). We started the day with a game at syempre isa yung charade (tenen!!!). Wala lang favorite. hehe. Local and Foreign films ang tema ng charade at hello, I was the first one to be picked out as The Actress (yeah!) kaso sad because my groupmates didn't get it. Na-steal ng kabilang group. And this was the title - Kapag ang palay naging bigas, may bumayo! - O san ka pa? But fortunately, we got the second, the third and the last one. And again, I was The last Actress. Medyo na-haggard ako - hindi. nahaggard pala ko talaga - because the title was Pedro Penduko the Return of the Comeback (haller?!). Yung comeback nga lang ang na-reenact ko eh. Pero wag ka, (eto ang punch line ko) na-gets yun ng groupmate ko. (at eto na talaga ang final of the final punchlines) Si Crush Ko ang nakahula Image hosted by Photobucket.com. (at oo innulit ko groupmate ko siya!!!) The other titles were Kabayo Kid and Bala at Lipstick - and we got them both. And of course yes yes yo, we won!!! Then after that, the lectures about film stuffs followed. It started with scriptwriting then cinematography, production management (tapos wala na lunch break na at umuwi na ko so period na). But between those lectures, they asked us to do some activity as well. We made a group script by spilling out our ideas one by one and in the end making up an entire (not-so-well) structured story. They also asked us to create our own easy storyboard using a digicam. We created a story using the frames of shots - and of course we were the performers (or should I say, models since all of it were just photos?) At actually, masaya siya. At very memorable talaga. Biruin mo that would be the first film (kuno) we made as film students! wow! Tapos may free coke pa, free snacks at free-ng serbisyo ng mabait na tagapaypay na si Patty. May free hand-outs pa na gawa ni sweetlittlebitch (kung sino siya sa kanila eh hindi ko na alam). Gawd was the entire activity fun. I never imagined (and felt-before) that they (the CAST-pers) would be that fun and nice! and they are all - really nice and I love them! (esp. mention kila ate prech, joma, bikoy, c-an, deo, con - and all those I interact with the most) I didn't know that before and I was too afraid and intimated to spend time in our tembayan because I thought that they didn't like me, and that they didn't give a damn if I pass all the initiations and stuffs just so I could join their org or not. But I was so wrong. All of them are really kind, smart, fun, talented and beautiful people (naks). Also, I dearly love all of my batchmates. Ansaya-saya lang talaga. I'm just so grateful for attending that workshop talaga and I can't wait to be an authentic member!!! (1 month to go!) At least after this, matutupad na ang dream namin nila Peter at Em na may masalihang course-related org. Next target naman namin ay mag-join sa Haribon tapos sa UP Sikat then sa Philippine Collegian (taray!). Pero who knows? I might still join Alay Sining, Em might still join Samaskom or any Sorority (pangarap niya yun eh) and Peter might still join UP Broad Ass. Ang dami-dami lang naming plans for our org life kaya sana matupad *crosses fingers*. Para naman lumago na ang social life namen at (ika nga ni Peter) pati dumami na ang mailagay namin sa resume namin in the future. hehe. Ayos! Second, I finally finished reading Crafting Fiction - a self-help book about of course writing Fiction and I just love everything that the author, Richard Cohen said. Tumagos saken lahat. Felt like I was the person he is talking about. All of his descriptions of a writer somehow fit me. Yes, I see myself as a writer (not just a film maker, an animator or what not) and I own the title whole-heartedly. Tama nga si Mam Libay, if you think you're good on something go ka lang. Wala ng marami pang disclaimer such as - mahilig akong magsulat pero hindi ako magaling (yan yung eksakto kong sinabi sa scriptwriting class ko sa kanya). Nakikinig ang universe pag sinasabi mo yun at in turn nagkakatotoo so better avoid doing that. You should embrace it if it's what you desire. You should take it as your own. And so I am taking writing as my own - I am a writer and nobody's telling me that I am or that I am not. Just myself. Because I together with all those who by heart believe that they are writers believe that: "A writer is someone for whom writing and living means the same thing." - Richard Cohen




3 Comments:

Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

inggit ako, inggit ako, inggit ako.

11/28/2005 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

sige sama kita don next time. gusto mo?

11/29/2005 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

sige ba.

11/29/2005 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScript from
Rainbow Arch