Image hosted by Photobucket.com Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Household Virgin.

Ooops! Hindi na masyado! Hehehe.

I know most of you will laugh at me if I say that it is my first time to wash my clothes. Pero yun nga nga, no matter how embarrassing it is, it is my first time to wash my clothes (pero kasama na rin dun yung mga punda at bedsheet ^_^). Although I was only able to do the entire task with the help of the super reliable washing machine, still it was one shot of an accomplishment for me.

My parents never obliged us to do household stuffs until now that we are old enough to do so. I can still remember how my mom told tatay (ung tatay niya which means lolo ko) “eh trabaho ko yun eh” once when they were having a heated argument about us (kaming magkakapatid) not helping in the house at all. The truth is if my parents weren’t able to buy a new washing machine (the old one was wiped out by the floods a few years ago) for sure they wouldn’t let me wash even just my own clothes.

I must admit, I didn’t like doing household chores before (I repeat: before). I could go gaga over other things like carpentry (hindi naman talaga pero mas gusto ko pa to dati kesa magwalis o magpunas ng mga kabinet), running errands, loads of home works but never over washing the clothes or scrubbing the floor. But as I grew old, I began to realize the essence of being able to really rule the house. I mean, time doesn’t move any slower and I’m not getting any younger. Sooner or later, I will have to leave home and start a life by myself. In just a few years or more, I know (I hope) I’ll also be settling down and start having my own happy family. Of course, I wouldn’t want my kids to vomit to death just because their stomachs have gone crazy over fast food craps. I also cannot take to live in a rotten house, full of roaches, ants and monstrous mice (yak yak yak!).

But seriously speaking, I feel so ashamed of myself. Like hello? I’m already living in this planet for almost 19 years and yet I can’t still even enumerate the steps in cooking sinigang na baboy (!!!). I mean, yes I hate it. I hate myself for being this ignorant and useless. I really hate to say this but I somehow blame my parents for this horrible becoming in my life. If they only taught us (damay na pati mga utol ko) how to be independent at home, if they only taught us to be responsible inside the house, then maybe we would be better persons now. Maybe we wouldn’t look like terrible sloths who don’t know anything but to sit in the couch, watch T.V for years and eat eat eat. Maybe mama wouldn’t be that burdened for so many years.

However, looking on the bright side at least I’ve finally started stepping a bit further. Since I already know how to wash my clothes (or should I say, how to operate the washing machine), I think I will now then proceed to the next task which is – how to cook perfect (as in perfect ha?) meals. Then after that would be how to iron clothes, how to clean the bathroom, how to bathe the doggies, how to decorate the garden and so on. When I am this serious, I know it wouldn’t be long ‘til I cannot finally call myself - A Household Virgin.

(shocks Lord, tulungan mo po ko...)





5 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

Yeah true... ako din.. parang useless na tingin ko sa sarili ko minsan dito sa bahay....

anyways... Merry Christmas!

12/22/2005 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Loraine said...

wahehehehe...
i'm worse..
though i know how to do things inside the house, i never really liked doing them. partida, i'm planning to move out of the house in a few months. :)

12/22/2005 08:46:00 AM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

hahaha. hindi pala ako nag-iisa.
merry pasko din sa inyong lahat!!!

loraine, gudlak naman sayo. pero in fairness exciting ding bumukod.

fritz, nagdorm din ako nung first year. aus naman pero masaya rin na ikaw ang gumagawa ng lahat tutal para sa sarili mo lang naman eh. hehe

12/23/2005 04:09:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

paglutuin mo nako, huwag lang maglaba.

well, not really. i like making babad. i wash my own white shirts. i have the rest sent out.

dishes also. i let them stack high up bago ko hugasan. kaya i eat out of containers, o kaya fastfood na lang.

hahaha.

12/27/2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger ai-lin said...

somehow i could thank you for comforting me..
i started pressing my own uni4m since gr3, i started washing clothes, 1st yir, i started cooking, 4th yr..
and the hell of those skills sucks me almost everyday.
it's a blessing that you made me realized i'm productive.

12/27/2005 05:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free JavaScript from
Rainbow Arch